20170116

LITANIES OF LILITH


 ♀LITANIES OF LILITH♀
Mixtape by LTD
Mixtape in honor of Lilith, the demonized first Wife of Adam.
 Lilith is created as equal to Adam from the same dirt. When she is told she must be subservient to Adam, Lilith leaves the Garden of Eden and couples with the Angel of Death Samael. Lilith is forever demonized by the patriarchy because she directly conflicts with its goals of procreation, subservience, and religiously deemed womanhood. 
This mixtape features black female vocalists and the parallels between   the black angel Lilith.

PART I:
☽"In the Beginning Woman" - Eartha Kitt
☽"He's Got the Power" - The Exciters
☽"It's a Man's Man's World" - Etta James
☽"I Smell a Rat" - Big Mama Thornton
☽"Gotta Break Away" - Ruby Andrews
☽"Whats Love Got to Do With It" - Tina Turner
☽"Don't Touch My Hair" - Solange
☽"Voodoo Voodoo" - LaVern Baker
☽"Female Energy" - Willow Smith
☽"Bad Girls" - Donna Summer
☽"Woman" - Etta James
☽"I Want to Be Evil" - Eartha Kitt

PART II:
☽"I'd Rather Be Burned As a Witch" - Eartha Kitt 
☽"Black is the Color of My True Love's Hair" - Nina Simone
☽"Bag Lady" - Erykah Badu
☽"I Put a Spell On You" - Sonique
☽"Get It When I Want It" - Candi Staton
☽"Babylon" - SZA
☽"Sail Away Ladies, Sail Away" - Odetta
☽"Ring My Bell" - Anita Ward
☽"I'm A Woman" - Koko Taylor
☽"Keep the Fire Burning" - Gwen McCrae
☽"Brujas" - Princess Nokia
☽"Gloomy Sunday" - Billie Holiday
☽"Black Little Angels" - Eartha Kitt




No comments: